Instrumentation and Electrical Specialist
Pasadena, TX 77507 US
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Location: Pasadena, TX (client on-site and not remote)
- Industry: Chemical
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm and on-call as needed and 9/80 schedule (80 hours in 9 days with every other Friday off)
- Salary: Competitive within industry
- Employment Type: Direct hire
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment and systems, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering and design. Develops applications of controls, instruments and systems for new project scopes as assigned. Knowledgeable and experienced in all facets of field instrumentation function, troubleshooting and repair. Responsible for complying with all AIMS HESQ policies & practices including ISO-9001 and ISO-45001. This includes compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. For example, OSHA, EPA, TCEQ, etc.
- Ensures plant instrumentation and electrical components/controls is properly installed, functional, and properly maintained to comply with plant and industry standards and practices including PSM Mechanical Integrity standards where applicable.
- Provides I&E technical support for design, implementation and startup of plant projects. Ensure plant projects adhere to best practice engineering and methods with respect to NEMA, NEC, plant engineering standards and other codes that apply.
- Works with Plant Operations, Engineering and Maintenance to troubleshoot hardware, software and plant systems in support of plant objectives and daily operations.
- Develop scope/proposals, cost estimates, project economics (ROI and Actual ROI), and schedules for instrument/electrical related projects.
- Supports the maintenance team to develop accurate work plans to achieve effective scheduling of I&E tasks for routine and shutdown/TAR maintenance efforts.
- Manage budgeted financial resources to achieve the delivery of projects on time, with technical accuracy, and within budget with cost variances justified.
- Conduct MOC s as required to support assigned project and maintenance responsibilities.
- Loss control responsibilities include: conducting inspections and audits related to the Loss Control program as assigned, participating in Hazard Reviews as needed, recommending safety improvements, completion of safety action items as assigned, completing required regulatory training, and compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Provide support for both long and short-term reliability improvement initiatives.
- Participate as a team member for process hazard analysis, MOC and special projects.
- Other assignments as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the organization and as assigned by manager/supervisor.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Instrument Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years experience preferably in a Chemical or Petrochemical Plant environment.
- Knowledge of plant instrumentation principles and hardware including analytical equipment such as pH analyzers, flow measurement including mass flow, vortex, magnetic, and orifice devices.
- Requires proficiency in troubleshooting instrument / electrical components and systems, specifying instrument and electrical equipment used in a chemical plant environment.
- Experience with SIS, Allen-Bradley PLC s and or Yokogawa CS 3000 is a plus.
- Must be familiar with NEMA standards and the NEC.
- Experience in Mechanical Integrity and/or Reliability Programs is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability.
- Able to work independently; self-starter.
- Experience coordinating multiple parties (through direct authority and indirect authority/influence) to the successful completion of the project.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software including MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel. AutoCAD proficiency is preferred.
- Ability to conceptualize and analyze multiple scenarios in solving problems and executing project construction related solutions.
- Ability to lead and contribute effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate complex messages to diverse audiences at all organizational levels.
- Ability to coordinate diverse activities to set timelines, budgets and specifications.