Storrs, CT US
Laboratory Technician II:
- Title: Laboratory Technician II
- Location: Willimantic, CT
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: $18 an hour and up based on experience
- Shift: Mon-Fri 8am- 5pm (ocassional Sundays)
- Employment Type: This position can be Contract to Hire or Direct Placement
Process SPF chicken embryos, cell cultures, and microbial cultures; produces antigens and reagents; prepare buffers, media, and solutions.
- Process SPF chicken embryos, cell cultures, and microbial cultures.
- Prepare media, buffers, and solutions.
- Complete internal documentation.
- Perform housekeeping activities, including waste disposal and glassware preparation.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and use a microscope. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- Experience: 1-2 years related experience and/or training.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.