Willimantic, CT 06226 US
- Title: Lab Technician
- Location: Willimantic, CT
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: $39,520
- Shift: Mon- Fri 6:30am-3pm (Occasional Weekends)
- Job Type: Direct Hire
401K Plan with Company Matching
Up to 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Up to 11.5 Paid Holiday Days
Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
Benefits are effective the 1st day of the month following your Start Date
Process SPF chicken embryos, cell cultures, animal products, and microbial cultures; produces antigens and reagents; prepare buffers, media, and solutions.
- Work with chickens and assist with animal husbandry.
- Process SPF chicken embryos, cell cultures, animal products, and microbial cultures.
- Produce antigens and reagents (viruses, mycoplasma and microbial organisms).
- Prepare media, buffers, and solutions.
- Filter and processes antiserum.
- Complete documentation for licensed products.
- Packing and shipping lab reagents as required.
- Perform housekeeping activities, including waste disposal and glassware preparation.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain own training file.
- Ordering supplies.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The mechanical noise level parts.in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and use a microscope.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- Experience: 1-2 years related experience and/or training
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.