Laboratory Group Leader
Storrs, CT 06268 US
Group Leader Specialized Biological Services
Title: Group Leader Specialized Biological Services
Location: Storrs, CT
Industry: Pharmaceutical/Life Science
Salary: $25/hr and up based on experience
Shift: M - F 730am - 4pm
Reports: 0 Direct Reports, 9 Indirect Reports
401K Plan with Company Matching
Up to 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Up to 11.5 Paid Holiday Days
Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
Benefits are effective the 1st day of the month following your Start Date
For over five decades, our client has been recognized as the world s largest and most trusted producer of Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) eggs and adjacent laboratory products and services for the development and manufacture of biologics and vaccines that are used for both human and animal health. Our client supplies leading manufacturers with critical bioprocessing inputs, including SPF eggs, antigens, and cell products. In addition, offer numerous diagnostic testing and manufacturing support services, including virus propagation and isolation, custom cell production, and quality control testing. Our client supports the development of new therapeutics by providing antibodies such as IgY for use in clinical trials.
Assist department management with oversight and daily supervision of SBS personnel. Serve as onsite lead/primary technician and perform technical duties. Provide leadership, technical guidance, and serve as mentor to staff. Coordinate the work of technicians as well as daily operations; assist in training department personnel.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of department technicians.
- Assist in determining/scheduling daily work assignments.
- Review batch records and other documentation.
- Assume functions of Department Manager in his/her absence.
- Train new employees and update employee training files.
- Coordinate daily serology operations.
- Monitor and maintain inventory.
- Maintain department SOPs and forms.
- Receive supplies.
- Make recommendations regarding hiring, disciplinary problems, and performance appraisals for technicians.
- Perform routine health monitoring on SPF flocks under ISO/GMP guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining the department in a clean and orderly condition and ensure safety procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain onsite safety procedures and compliance.
- Coordinate investigations into testing failures.
- Respond to alarm calls.
- Perform housekeeping activities.
- Provide input to supervisor/manager regarding personnel management activities such as personnel actions (interviewing, hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Serve as a role model for effective time management, communication, and utilization of resources.
- Assist in the maintenance and communication of departmental systems and SOPs.
- Ensure accurate, high-quality work and adherence to pertinent departmental policies, practices and procedures (SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Associate s degree (A.S.). or equivalent in science or related discipline.
- 4 years related experience with Associate s degree. Bachelor s degree (B.S.) preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Ability to perform a variety of lab functions including flock certification, QC of cell products, QC and testing of reagents and serum
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.