Pasadena, TX 77507 US
- Location: Pasadena, TX (client on-site and not remote)
- Industry: Chemical
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm and on-call as needed and 9/80 schedule (80 hours in 9 days with every other Friday off)
- Salary: Competitive compensation package within the industry
- Employment Type: Direct hire
Position Overview: Supervise the activities and personnel of the Laboratory Department to provide quality assurance and quality control to production department through analysis of product samples. Responsible for complying with all AIMS HESQ policies & practices including ISO-9001 and ISO 45001. This includes compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. For example, OSHA, EPA, TCEQ, etc.
- Provide technical leadership for laboratory analysis and quality improvements.
- Develop and maintain quality assurance and quality control procedures and methods.
- Perform timely and accurate analysis of product samples and reporting to production department utilizing proper safety precautions.
- Requisition and maintain adequate chemical inventory, spare parts, and supplies necessary for analytical testing.
- Contact equipment representatives for the purchase of or to facilitate necessary repairs of laboratory equipment.
- Coordinate outside laboratory testing and shipment of samples.
- Ensure proper record keeping of sample analysis results, calibration records, certificates of analysis, specification limits, and laboratory equipment uptime in LIMS.
- Ensure immediate reporting of abnormal or off spec sample results to production department and customers. Coordinate approval of specification waivers and maintain record keeping of waivers/non-conformances.
- Maintain the LIMS and data communications between the LIMS and plant historian database.
- Evaluates staff performance and directly supervises Laboratory Technicians.
- Coordinate the work schedules of the laboratory personnel to ensure adequate laboratory coverage.
- Coordinate the necessary training of laboratory personnel to maintain necessary certifications and proficiencies with analytical equipment.
- Interpret analytical data to assess compliance with company and industry standards and report findings to immediate supervisor and/or production department.
- Evaluates quality control and quality assurance statistics and reports key performance indicators to upper management.
- Maintain awareness of relevant technical and laboratory practices/advances and ensure procedures are updated.
- Develops a budget for the laboratory and maintains control of lab costs.
- Determine and assess potential areas of improvements, develop cost effective solutions, and communicate proposals to upper management.
- Loss control responsibilities which include: conducting inspections and audits related to the Loss Control program as assigned, participating in Hazard Reviews as needed, recommending safety improvements, completion of safety action items as assigned, completing required regulatory training, and compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Provide support on off-hours as part of the On-Call Rotation.
- Support the Engineering Services and Loss Control Manager as directed.
- Bachelor s degree in chemistry or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years experience as a laboratory technician.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in supervising personnel.
- Requires practical experience to adequately operate the following equipment: Gas Chromatograph, Liquid Chromatograph, Spectrophotometry, Karl-Fischer
- Practical experience in the following equipment a plus: ICP (Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectrometry), XRF (X- Ray Fluorescence)
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local HES related laws and regulations as they affect the laboratory is preferred.
- A physical/fit test along with breathing apparatus fitting is required for all positions.
For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at www.srg-us.com