Storrs, CT US
- Title: Lab Technician II
- Location: Storrs, CT
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: $18 an hour and up based on Experience
- Shift: Mon- Fri 8am-5pm)
- Employment Type: This position can be Contract to Hire or Direct Placement
Process SPF chicken embryos, cell cultures, animal products, and microbial cultures; produces antigens and reagents; prepare buffers, media, and solutions.
- Work with chickens and assist with animal husbandry.
- Process SPF chicken embryos, cell cultures, animal products, and microbial cultures.
- Produce antigens and reagents (viruses, mycoplasma and microbial organisms).
- Prepare media, buffers, and solutions.
- Filter and processes antiserum.
- Complete documentation for licensed products.
- Packing and shipping lab reagents as required.
- Perform housekeeping activities, including waste disposal and glassware preparation.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain own training file.
- Ordering supplies.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The mechanical noise level parts.in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and use a microscope.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- Experience: 1-2 years related experience and/or training
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.