Orlando, FL 32819 US
Salary: Up to $28/hr.
Location: Orlando, FL (fully on-site)
Employment Type: Long-term contract with potential for permanent employment
Clearance: Ability to obtain
- High School Diploma REQUIRED
- 5 years of experience, maintaining, cleaning mechanical equipment and technical lab environment,
- 1-3 years of experience in mechanical design with Pro/E/CREO or other CAD models, and GD&T (Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing).
- 1-3 years knowledge of Laser Cutting and hands on experience laser cutting with both CO2 and Fiber lasers.
- Flex schedule, including Overtime and Weekends Required
- Process and handling delicate model type components for 3D modeling lab.
- Ability to follow Engineering development and design processes
- Must have ability to obtain clearance
- Ability to pass medical and vision screenings required for operation of laser equipment
- The primary responsibility for this role is to laser cut metallic and plastic aerospace-grade products in support of internal customers for research and development projects and contracted programs.
- Perform all functions associated with the laser cutting process which includes, but is not limited to, machine operation, hands-on post-processing, specification compliance, completeness, accuracy, design soundness, interpretation of ANSI Y14.5 drawing and GD&T standards, fabrication, assembly, installation, customer interface, and data management.
- Coordinate and work technical hands-on duties and activities concurrently while safely maintaining and programing laser cutting machines including both CO2 and fiber lasers.
- Projects are reviewed and verified with the requester and scheduled in an environment where there are often competing and conflicting needs to be resolved. The resulting hardware is reviewed as required with the lead engineer and/or group manager, and then communicated to the customer.
- The technician will work with the Laser lab team members, providing technical assistance to develop products, and coordinating with other lab and program groups as required.