Lead IT Systems Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO US
Linux and Windows System Administrator
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Salary: $110-$125k + STI
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Clearance: Active TS/SCI Required
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience in an Information Technology Field and 3-7 years of relevant experience
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification or above required.
- Windows or Linux certifications a plus.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016/2019, SQL 2014/2016, System Center 2012R2, SolarWinds, SharePoint 2013, Red Hat Linux, Exchange 2013, IDS/IPS, Firewall and Host Based Security, ACAS, Sun Solaris servers, Cisco/Juniper devices, highly desired.
- RHCE certification desired
- Must be a US Citizen due to Clearance requirements.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Utilize trouble ticketing system to document and track outages.
- Exercise sound judgment during the escalation of trouble tickets.
- Provide advanced Tier III and IV support by remotely troubleshooting and repairing transport backbone equipment, sub-tending devices, and user applications/services for a nationwide fiber optic transport network and two geographically separated network operations centers.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting as the internal escalation point of contact for complex and persistent trouble tickets.
- Interact extensively with internal engineering and support teams as well as with Tier IV support engineers of various hardware/software vendors to solve challenging issues.
- Interact closely with network engineers, security personnel, program managers and vendors to meet network performance criteria.
- Act as network operations technical lead on new and emerging network management/defense requirements and designs.
- Manage and participate in enterprise-level projects encompassing systems, networks, and SAN/NAS storage.
- Respond to network and system issues by isolating the problem and utilizing resources in a manner which least disrupts network availability.
- Perform diagnostics using software and hardware tools to optimize network performance.
- Oversee/monitor status of systems and equipment to address potential technical problems. Inspect and analyze equipment/systems performance to determine maintenance and repair requirements.
- React quickly and competently to identify, track, document, escalate, and resolve immediate network vulnerabilities/threats.
- Configure, maintain and monitor Windows Server Failover Clusters, McAfee EPO, SQL 2014, System Center 2012R2, SolarWinds, SharePoint 2013, Red Hat Linux, and Exchange 2013 servers
- Conduct risk assessments to identify possible security violations using ACAS and DoD STIGs.
- Develop methods and procedures to ensure systems and applications are protected.
- Develop and implements detailed standard operations procedures.
- Provide project status to management.
- Provide after-hours support on an on-call basis, as required.
- Estimated 15% of time is travel; however, the amount of travel is dependent on the current mission requirement and operations environment.
Keywork Searchstring: Information Technology, Information Management Systems, ISSO, CND, Computer Network Defense, Cyber Security, Security Engineer, Architect, CISSP, CASP, NIST, GIAC, GSEC, CCSP, CISM, cybersecurity, MCSA, MCSE, Systems engineer, systems administrator, SQL, Red Hat, Active Directory, solarwinds, IDS, IPS, HBSS, ACAS, ISSM, ISSO, ISSE, DWDM, SONET, Telecommunications, Field Engineer, OSP, fiber, drawings,