Lead IT Systems Engineer
Herndon, VA US
Lead IT Systems Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Salary: $130k-$145k + 15% yearly bonus
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Clearance: Active TS/SCI Required
- Bachelor s degree in an Information Technology related field and 6+ years of experience in a client-server environment
- Security related certification to comply with DoD 8570.01, IAT Level II requirements. (GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-S, CISSP, CISA, GCIH, GCED, or CASP)
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or JNCIP/JNCIE desired
- Windows Server 2012 & 2016; Exchange and/or SQL experience a plus
- Must be skilled with IP and have experience working with COMSEC/Crypto Gear
- Proficient with circuit test sets
- Ability to quickly adapt to advancing technologies and procedural changes
- Experience with ISIS, BGP/MP-BGP (multi AS) and MPLS routing protocols, Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP), Label Distribution Protocol (LDP), MPLS Layer-2/Layer-3 Virtual Private Network (VPN), OSPF, Multicast Extensive router regression testing
- Design, configure and test topologies using L2 and L3 protocols and their functionality desired.
- Experience with IPV4; IPv6, management protocols, Filter Based Forwarding (FBF)Multi-Hop Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (MBFD)Ethernet Operation, Firewalls including Access Control List (ACL), Operation Administration and Maintenance (OAM) Protocol and Network Management with 802.1Q and VRRP/HSRP Certificate Authority Server, ACE/SecureID Server, TACACS+, RADIUS, MS Exchange, , PKI, WINS, DHCP, DNS, FTP/SFTP/TFTP, SSH and NTP desired
- Active TS/SCI required
- Test all new applications, IAVM patches, new equipment, technologies, Tier 3 escalations, and project design in a lab network.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the lab network and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, Optic Connectivity, etc.)
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network devices
- Manage the design and evolution of an existing wide area network in support of government customers and ensures that concepts correlate with provided or developed requirements
- Serve as a lead in technical projects from inception to completion including, but not limited to the following: research, conceptualization, feasibility assessment, design, lab testing, implementation planning, procurement, training, documentation, and transition to the operational environment
- Conduct in-depth analysis for Tier III and IV issues and solves complex problems in support of an enterprise data center
- Provides mentoring and technical/engineering advice to junior engineers
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network security requirements and techniques for protecting computer systems/networks from attacks, viruses, data tampering, unauthorized system entry, and other emerging threats
- Other responsibilities deemed necessary by management and/or customer.
Keywork Searchstring: Information Technology, Information Management Systems, ISSO, CND, Computer Network Defense, Cyber Security, Security Engineer, Architect, CISSP, CASP, NIST, GIAC, GSEC, CCSP, CISM, cybersecurity, MCSA, MCSE, Systems engineer, systems administrator, SQL, Red Hat, Active Directory, solarwinds, IDS, IPS, HBSS, ACAS, ISSM, ISSO, ISSE, DWDM, SONET, Telecommunications, Field Engineer, OSP, fiber, drawings,