Lead Machine Operator
Largo, FL US
Environment: This client innovates, formulates and creates consumer brands. They serve companies in pharmaceutical, cosmetic, personal care and chemical applications. Using state-of-the-art equipment, their team of experts work to ensure high quality. Highly differentiated products are brought to market with exceptional customer service. Isn t this the type of company you want to work for?
Title: Lead Machine Operator
Location: Largo/Clearwater Area, Florida
Industry: Pharmaceutical and Chemical Manufacturing
Shift: Night shift, 7pm-7:30am. 2-2-3 schedule.
Salary: $22.00- $24.00 an hour based on experience plus shift differential
Employment Type: Direct hire with benefits
- Lead a manufacturing team of Production Assemblers safely through the production process assuring quality and efficiency standards are achieved at all times. Assure all required documentation is properly completed and in compliance with company policy and federal regulations.
- Operate filling and packaging equipment.
- Receive production goals and requirements from area Production Supervisor in order to maintain the production schedule.
- Ensure that shift start times and end times are adhered to. Report issues to area Supervisor.
- Retrieve Batch Records and other needed documents from the quality department.
- Review all assigned Batch Records to assure your understanding. Request support or training when needed.
- Assure all material have been properly picked to the production order.
- Set-up production line for specific production requirements and standards as directed by the batch record. This includes mechanical assembly of some equipment.
- Review materials for correctness against the Batch Record Bill of Materials. Report discrepancies to area Supervisor.
- Check that all assemblers are properly signed into the batch record and punched into the production order during its duration.
- Assemble Production Assembler team, discuss production process, quality attributes and manufacturing goals.
- Assure you and all employees are using the proper PPE for the task that are being performed.
- Review all safety instructions in the batch record with Production Assemblers.
- Assigns personnel to cleaning and production tasks based on their training and abilities.
- Comply with all quality, safety and company policies. Report concerns to area Supervisor.
- Monitor quality attributes, perform quality checks as required by the batch record.
- Report quality and safety concerns to area Supervisor. Stop production, if necessary, to ensure the safety of employees and quality of the product being produced.
- Before, during and after assure compliance with all batch record requirements are achieved.
- Document all data and task as required by the batch record.
- Maintain all equipment and area logs.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Communicate with other teams i.e. management, quality and maintenance as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- First aid / CPR.
- Computer basics / calculator
- Dependable transportation.
- Can work independently (PA-2) or with a team.
- Speak and understand English fluidly.
- Communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Work shifts that may exceed 10 or 12 hours when asked.
- Work weekends.
- Past packaging production experience.
- CGMP, 5-S, Clean Room experience.
- Past production work experience of 5 plus years. (PA-2)
Critical Skills/ Abilities
- Ability to operate complex production machinery and related equipment.
- Ability to lead, direct and train others on task that will be performed.
- Ability to assist in diagnosis and repair of malfunctioning machines.
- Ability to follow written/verbal instructions.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Must be able to stand in one place for length of shift.
- Perform basic math functions i.e. addition, subtraction and division. (PA-2)
- Perform counts on components. (PA-2)
- Place components on other components while they move on a conveyor.
- Follow written/verbal instructions.
- Write clearly and legibly. (PA-2)
- Lift 35 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Use of a scanner, calculator or computer. (PA-2
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Search words: blending, mixing, compounding. GMP, manufacturing, FDA, operator, pharmaceutical, chemical