Lead Network Engineer
Newport News, VA US
Network Engineer Lead
Location: Fort Eustis, VA
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Clearance: Active Secret
- Five (5) years of IT related experience, preferred five (5) years of Network Management Experience.
- Individual will have IAT-II certification (i.e. CCNA Security, Security+ CE, GSEC, GIC SP, S SCP, CySA+**) IAW AR 25-2.
- Education: Bachelor s Degree required; preferred degree in computer science or IT related field.
- Experience installing and maintaining Juniper Switches.
- Experience developing Network Diagrams.
- Ability to oversee and direct a small team of network engineers.
- Installing, managing/maintaining and troubleshooting data network systems including: Switching, routing, and protocols.
- Ability to read network diagrams, and a thorough understanding of the OSI model.
- Use Government-provided network security and systems management (NSSM) tools to manage and monitor the various data and video Networks such as:
- CA Spectrum, Solarwinds, Cisco Prime, Flying Squirrel, MeerCat-FS, ArcSight EMS, EMS & BMC Remedy, etc..
- Provide and implement recommendations on system changes and operational procedures needed to increase efficiency.
- Must be experienced in TLA designs, Common Network Hierarchical designs, NIPR & SIPR network flows.
- Provide rapid detection/resolution of failures/component errors, network/system operation and maintenance, routine network software/hardware installation/replacement, network database backup/restore, audit trail and ID/password administration, evaluate new system regulations, and guidance on the planning, development and implementation of new systems and procedures for operation.