Lead Quality Aerospace Engineer
Yonkers, NY 10701 US
Lead Quality Engineer (Aerospace)
Location: Yonkers, NY
Industry: Aerospace / Defense
Salary: $80k - $125k Depending on Experience
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Lead and direct the Quality Engineering Team, ensuring that products meet design and reliability requirements. This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
- Bachelor s degree in engineering or a related field is required.
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Must have electronic component experience in the Aerospace and Defense industries.
- Must understand Aerospace standards such as AS6171.
- Must be proficient with Aerospace Management System Standards AS9100, AS9120, IDEA-QMS-9090, ASA-100 and supporting construct standards AS6081, IDEA-STD-1010, AC7402-CAAP, CCAP-101, FAA AC00-56, ANSI/ESD S20.20.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) as well as interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR requirements.
- Offer technical support as required throughout the organization.
- Oversight of the Designated Quality Representative (DQR) program for Sikorsky, Lockheed, GDLS and UTC.
- Ensure AS9102 and customer requirements are met for all First Article Inspections conducted at the company.
- Technical blueprint, specification and datasheet interpretation and support for all departments
- Provide support for customer defined contract review on any technical requirements established by the customer.
- Product planning for all new product(s) Sampling plans, Inspection/Test methods, validation/verification points.
- Product failure review (Internal and External) and providing solutions for added testing/inspection.
- Product failure review (Escapes - RMA) from customer. Communication with Sales Department and Customer on resolutions. Process Return Material Authorizations accordingly.
- Product Failure review (Internal RTV), identify any potential Suspect Counterfeit, Confirmed Counterfeit or Unapproved parts that require disposition. Coordinate with the Quality Compliance Manager per AS5553 on disposition methods.
- Supporting the Electronic Review Board (EEE Device review Blueprint, specification requirements and providing authentication solutions)
- Monitoring and Measurement Equipment calibration and preventative maintenance. Creating effective cycles to ensure longevity of equipment.
- Coordinate with Quality Compliance Manager to establish new standards (ISO, AS or otherwise) to implement within Quality Management System.
- Ensure technical standards (ESD S20.20, ISO17025, AS6171, IDEA-STD-1010, etc.) meet industry requirements and are established within the organization in the form of written, documented processes.
- This individual has the authority to disposition product(s) as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with company code of conduct and all applicable laws, regulations, rules, and policies.
- Comply with all requirements of International Standard ISO9001 and ISO27001, NIST 800-171, CMMC Cyber Security and Informational Data Security Requirements. All employees shall commit and comply with the requirements of AS5553 for Counterfeit Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical (EEE) Parts Avoidance, Detection, Mitigation and Disposition practices.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Keywork Searchstring: Aerospace Engineering, Lead Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance, Quality Inspector, QA, QI, First Article Inspection, FAI, Supervisor, Lead, Manufacturing, Defense, Aviation, DoD, Quality Compliance, Quality Management System,