Chalfont, PA US
Title: Logistics Specialist
Location: Chalfont, PA
Shifts Available: Monday- Friday 8:30am- 5pm
Pay Rate: $19.00 an hr. and up based on experience
Eligible for pay increase once converted to full-time after 90 days
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for handling both inbound and outbound traffic activities. The position is responsible for ensuring that receipts and customer orders are processed accurately and on time. They must also prioritize activities to meet expected ship dates using WMS process. They are also responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory through precise transactions, cycle counting, and system reconciliation.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Unload trucks, inspect, receive, and warehouse raw materials.
- Fulfill raw material requisitions to satisfy production demand.
- Work with QC to coordinate raw material sampling requirements.
- Label and package finished goods in accordance with regulatory standards and customer specific requirements.
- Operate United Parcel Service and FedEx shipping systems.
- Operate computer (Oracle applications) to process orders, generate labels, and post shipments.
- Work with WMS to optimize product movement lifecycle.
- Perform timed (independent) inventory cycle counts with record keeping and reporting responsibilities. Assist Accounting Dept with quarterly count and audit process.
- Maintain a safe clean work environment.
- Operate fork truck, company vehicles, and other material handling equipment.
- Create bills of lading and contact carriers, 3rd parties and agents as necessary to execute shipments.
- Update multiple matrices with activity data.
- Process and ship international orders.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Expected to work overtime during busy schedules and provide additional shift coverage (OT) when others are out of the office.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a shipping, warehouse or inventory control position required.
- Must have good math & reading comprehension skills, ability to follow instructions, and be detailed oriented.
- Must successfully obtain and maintain IATA/DOT/IMDG certification.
- Ability to proficiently operate forklift is preferred.