Huntsville, AL US
Machine Programmer (Manufacturing)
Location: Huntsville, AL
Salary: $40-48/hr Depending on Experience
Employment Type: 6 Month Assignment
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the development and modification of NC programs for mills, lathes and multi axis machines for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team s impact on all aspects of producing accurate programs, set-up sheets. You must be detail oriented, enabling first article success on tight tolerance high value parts for various aerospace flight systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 8 years of NC machine programming experience.
- Experience with Mastercam 2017 or higher required.
- Experience with NX CAM required.
- Experience with Vericut or other program verification software experience required.
- Aerospace experience is required.
- Must have nickel-based alloys experience. Stainless steel and aluminum experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Siemens 840D machine control.
- Experience using TDM tool data management system.
- Excellent blueprint reading skills including GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard.
- Must be self-motivating to prioritize work to meet project completion dates.
- Fluent in use of personal computers.
- Machinist experience a plus.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum due to ITAR requirements.
- NC programs for CNC Mills/Lathes/Multi axis mills and Multi axis lathes/VTLs to ensure engineering requirements are met.
- Development of machining strategy to take design data and produce machined hardware.
- Set-up sheet creation and management.
- Collaborate with engineers, manufacturing engineers and machinists.
- Design custom tools and work holding fixtures as needed.
- Provide DFMA feedback to engineering.
- Process improvement; both machining actual inputs and administrative process changes.
- Conduct product acceptance within the guidance of the company policy.
- Maintain configuration control on files and job records.
- Safely work within an industrial environment.
- Cutter selection and cutter design if needed.
- Feed and speeds calculations.
- Additional duties as assigned
- May required overtime
Keywork Searchstring: Aerospace, Aviation, Manufacturing, Machine Programming, CNC, Lathe, Multi Axis Machines, Inconel Alloy, Nickel, Mastercam, NX, Machine Programmer, Manufacture Programming,