Sarasota, FL US
Location: Sarasota, FL
Employment Type: Contract with potential to go perm
Schedule: 2nd Shift - M-F 11:30am - 8pm
Summary: Manual and CNC machining Setup. The scope of this role will include setups for Mills, Lathes, and CNCs so other operators can run quality parts and machining the more complicated jobs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 5 years of machining experience.
- Ability to do tool changes and program modification to CNC Lathes
- Sitting 10% / Standing 70% / Walking & lifting 20% (up to 30 lbs.)
- Work involves working near/with moving or mechanical equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and there is some exposure to airborne particles and fumes.
- Experience with manual mills and lathes required.
- Ability to setup machine and indicate parts to determine proper alignment.
- Ability to read drawings; including GD&T.
- Comfortable using micrometers and measuring tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem solving.
- Aid in the design of fixtures and tools based on a given set of constraints.
- Ability to estimate the hours required for machining and fabrication of tools.
- Sets up mill, lathe, and other machines; including zero and reference points; setting tool offsets, including basic math.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Keyword Search string: manufacturing, fabrication, welding, soldering, mechanical, hydraulics, machining, CNC, mill, aerospace, manufacturing, assembler, soldering, lean six sigma, quality,