Pearl Harbor, HI US
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
Employment Type: 12-18 month assignment w/ possible extension
- High school diploma or equivalent and formal electronics training from technical school with at least 1-2+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to kneel and lift up to 40 pounds and work from heights of up to 50 feet.
- Ability to install, repair, upgrade, and test electronic and computer-controlled mechanical systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer related issues and replace core components such as processors, drives, memory modules and network interface cards (NIC).
- Demonstrated ability to read design prints, follow mandated processes and procedures.
- Must possess strong computers skills (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams) and ability to install and configure vendor specific software.
- Shall comply with all safety rules, regulations, and laws IAW current OSHSA, government, installation and local agency standards.
- US Citizenship is required. Ability to acquire and maintain U.S. government security clearance (not DoD clearance) NACLC background check and/or Common Access Card (CAC).
- Preferred education: Class A or B military school in electronics or communications, or completion of four (4) year electronics apprenticeship program
- Preferred experience: Eight (8) years of practical experience, to include: Electronics Repair, Maintenance, Integration, Fielding and Checkout.
- Prior experience with bulk fuels operations, fuel product accounting, automation of valves, fuel transfer pumps, tank gauging, metering systems, pipeline instrumentation, operations control centers and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems.
- Prior experience with Veeder-Root, Enraf, Rotork, Limitorque, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS), Network Switches and Bridges.
- Under supervision, diagnoses instrument and electrical systems problems.
- Maintain parts accountability and inventory controls to reduce/prevent loss or shortages.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all property provided for contractor use (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
- Services, troubleshoots, repairs and/or replaces, aligns, and maintains instrument and electrical instrument systems, system components, motor control circuits, power supplies, and PLCs.
- Provide maintenance actions to include installing, programming, calibrating, troubleshooting, testing, and repairing all components of Automated Fuel Handling Equipment (AFHE) at assigned sites, ensuring that all maintenance activities are accomplished on time and with the highest degree of quality.
- Will interact with the Maintenance Supervisor and Site representatives for the rapid identification and resolution of maintenance issues and the conduct of preventive maintenance activities. Additionally, this position will require the uploading of files and other data into a government owned database.
- Candidate will service 3 facilities in the San Diego area (Point Loma, NAS North Island, MCAS Miramar) while working with a senior technician. Company truck is provided during business hours.
- Potential for successful candidate to provide continued support at several CONUS locations.
Keyword Searchstring: Installation Technician, Electronics Tech, Vehicle Mechanic, Mechanic, Communication Systems,