Tampa, FL 33612 US
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Tampa, FL
Salary: Based on experience
Shift: Mon- Fri 7am-4pm or 9am-6pm
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report's national university rankings than they. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, the client is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state's 12 public universities.
Responsible for the general upkeep, repair and preventative maintenance of the Research Park buildings, infrastructure and equipment such as chillers, cooling towers and fume hoods. Perform preventative and repair maintenance for good working order.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, performs corrective and preventative maintenance on equipment such as chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, compressors, vacuum pumps, and exhaust fans by changing belts, lubricating parts, and replacing motors, valves, sheaves, motor bearings, etc.
- Repairs and/or replaces electrical devices such as light switches, outlets, fuses, fixtures, circuit breakers, ballasts, and electrical motors and generators.
- Performs plumbing work such as clearing clogged lines, installation of new plumbing fixtures, valves and sewers and repair of any water leaks.
- Repairs and/or replaces ceramic tiles, baseboards, ceiling tiles or carpet in hallways, bathrooms, stair wells, labs or general office areas. Makes light repairs to cracked concrete walkways, columns, walls, etc. Check and replace air filters on air handlers. Makes repairs to roofs, flashing, gutters as needed to seal up leaks or cracks.
- Performs repair work to drywall, plaster, ceilings, windows, doors and door hardware. Make repairs and monitor safety equipment such as the fire "Exit" signs and general repair of emergency doors. Perform periodic checks of fire & smoke alarms.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs to hot water heaters, chilled and hot water pumps. Diagnoses mechanical and electronic problems associated with HVAC, hot/chilled water pumps, or refrigeration equipment. Repairs ductwork and electrical switches/wiring associated with HVAC systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires completion of an approved apprenticeship program for one or more trades; or a high school diploma and four years of related experience. A valid Florida Driver's License may be required if motorized vehicles of any kind are operated.
Completion of approved apprenticeship program. Experience in operation of Chiller Plants and Building Automation Systems. Siemens Apogee is preferred.
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at www.srg-us.com
Keywords: Maintenance, Facilities, Utilities, Technician, Mechanic, HVAC, Chillers, Building Automation Systems