Manager Business Development
Durham, NC 27703 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
Manager of Business Development
Location: Durham, NC
Industry: Defense Manufacturing / Distribution
Base Salary: $120k - $130k Depending on Experience
Employment Type: Direct Hire/Hybrid
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Marketing
- 7-10 years of experience in program management or equivalent experience managing complex projects that required independent thought and cradle to grave development of an idea through development, into execution. Commanding knowledge of government procurement processes are a must.
- Good team building skills with the ability to place the team s accomplishments ahead of individual accomplishments.
- Ability to create solutions to complex procurement problems.
- In depth knowledge of product and service development, contract bidding, AbilityOne regulations, commercial sales management, marketing, pricing, and contract administration.
- Ability to organize and lead a team of peers to a desired result within a matrix corporate structure. Requires the ability to coach and manage within a growth-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel (domestically/internationally) approximately 35%
- Identify and cultivate industry relationships with potential customers and partners with the objective of innovative growth in new business for the company.
- Direct supervision of business development staff responsible for guiding product development initiatives from identification through to production.
- Identify and recommend to senior management new potential lines of business to pursue.
- Drive the development of long-range plans for the line of business being considered for development.
- Provide direction to comprehensive industry research to complete a market needs analysis, determine market potential, and understand the competitive landscape.
- Create financial and employment feasibility analysis, market penetration plans, and pricing strategies, for the new line of business.
- Develop proposed financial performance models outlining capital investment required, return on investment, and potential employment outcome with the intent of increased employment and profitable revenue for the company.
- Create solutions to obstacles encountered during the development process.
- Direct all product and service development onboarding initiatives with the intent of driving a smooth launch from development into operations execution.
- Develop consistent alignment among product and service development, manufacturing, distribution, purchasing and pricing, contracts, customer service, and ecommerce to ensure cohesive alignment and maximum sales growth across all company sales channels.
- Provide oversight and direct cross-functional development of support programs required by emerging business. These programs could be employee based such as training or infrastructure based such as technology infrastructure supporting the business line.
- Oversee the company s response to customer solicitations.
- Develop relationships with high level decision makers of strategic customers and partners.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Keywork Searchstring: Director of Business Development, BD, Defense Development, Government Contracting, Networking, Business Development Manager, Defense Manufacturing, Distribution, Logistics, Retail, Base Supply Centers, Visually Impaired, Ability One, AbilityOne,