Location: Qatar, International
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years of experience and a Bachelors Degree (8 years of experience with a Masters) in Political Science, International Studies, Anthropology, Communication or a related field from an accredited and reputable institution
- Candidate can substitute 14 years or greater experience in lieu of a formal bachelor s degree and be recognized as a Subject Matter Expert in understanding Chinese speaking cultures.
- US Citizen
- Must have a minimum of 5 years prior experience working in support of US Armed Forces or US government agencies
- Must have a minimum of 4/4/4/ scores or higher in testing scores both in English and a 5/5/5/ in Mandarin and Farsi Dialects
- Must be willing to deploy to Qatar to work on a US military base during the period of hire.
- Must be willing to travel within the restraints and conditions of the Global Pandemic/COVID-19
- Must be able to provide Objective, Unbiased, & Logical cultural advisement.
- Must be able to follow orderly and sequential systematic procedures and guidelines.
- Provide foreign language interpretation, translation, transliteration & transcription, document exploitation (DOCEX) services
- Provide written and verbal translation of various types of media from target language to source language while maintaining congruity in judgment.
- Must possess excellent listening skills with ability to pay attention to minute details.
- Must be comfortable providing presentations and working with small and large groups.
- In depth cultural understanding of customs, symbolism, mannerisms, traditions of various ethnic groups residing throughout the CCMD AOR
- Provide support to key leader engagements events conducted in the areas of interest.
- Translate, interpret and analyze oral and written material in Farsi and Chinese such as classified reports, data, briefings and conversations. Provide translation in written or oral form.
- Provide assessments, transcription, translation, interpretation, cultural advisement, and media analysis services to ensure actionable data and products are developed and processed quickly and accurately.
- Provide written translations of source texts in one language into another language, as identified above, with the meaning and intent of the original text (Translations)
- Translator will (1) read and comprehend the languages, (2) write comprehensibly in one of the source languages, and (3) choose the equivalent expression in the Source language that both fully conveys and best matches the meaning intended in the source language (referred to as congruity judgment).
- As an Interpreter, have a command of the following languages (Farsi/Chinese/English)
- Must be able to (1) comprehend both the source language and English as spoken and written, (2) speak both of these languages, (3) choose an expression in English that fully conveys and best matches the meaning of the source language, (4) have familiarity with the cultural context of both languages, (5) have knowledge of terminology in specialized fields, (6) research in source (Native) languages and write a comprehensive command level information paper.
- As needed the SME shall participate in CCMD, Interagency and Coalitions working groups, and serve as the Operational Cultural advisor expertise.
- Be prepared to work extended workweek 6 days/10 hrs. a day shifts generally Monday Saturday.
Keyword: linguist, Chinese, Farsi, Dari, Pashtu, Uzbek, Urdu, Tajiki, Turkmen, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Arabic, Mandarin, translator, language, foreign translator, CENTCOM AOR