Syracuse, NY 13088 US
Manufacturing Engineer (Level II)
Location: Syracuse, NY (fully on-site)
Employment Type: Long-term contract with potential for permanent employment
Clearance: Ability to obtain
- BA or BS Degree in Engineering REQUIRED
- 4+ years of direct Manufacturing Engineer experience REQUIRED
- Experienced with designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, potting, brazing/welding, processing, machining and material handling.
- Ability to obtain secret clearance
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.