Manufacturing Engineering Tech
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Location: Sarasota 34243
Industry: Aerospace / Dept. of Defense
- 2 year degree from a technical school or 4 years of technical working experience
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply Engineering Standards.
- Understanding of various machining and manufacturing processes.
- Strong ability to collect and interpret data to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to read/understand prints (GD&T), routings, bill of materials, and process sheets.
- Experience with CAD for 3D modeling and drafting.
- Documents manufacturing processes providing work instructions, process sheets and standard work.
- Evaluates existing manufacturing processes and implements improved tooling and best methods.
- Assists production with training of operators.
- Assists during problem solving processes and continuous improvement processes such as 8D, A3, DMAIC, PDCA.
- Evaluates drawing, specifications and other data and prepares redlines for updates.
- Evaluates new manufacturing technologies that are relevant to business requirements.
- Assists ME during design for manufacturing and design to cost of new products projects.
- Assists ME during evaluation of new capital equipment purchases.
- Prepares disposition documents for ME review.
- Understanding of molding, machining, & stamping design process for problem solving and Design for Manufacture activities.
- Cost estimating.
- Achieves target cost savings and department productivity goals.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Keyword Search string: Aerospace Electrical Technician, Aircraft Technician, Electrical, Electric, Test, Tester, Technician, Assemble, Assembly, Electronics, Manufacture, Manufacturing, CAD, manufacturing process improvement