Manufacturing Maintenance Manager
North Charleston, SC US
Manufacturing Maintenance Manager:
- Title: Manufacturing Maintenance Manager
- Location: Charleston, SC
- Industry: Life Science / Medical Device
- Salary: $65k and up based on experience
- Employment Type: Direct Placement
The Manufacturing Maintenance will oversee and manage the maintenance operations for manufacturing equipment in a band new facility. This person will also be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of all equipment and machinery in the facility, managing maintenance staff, and developing and implementing effective maintenance programs.
- Manage and supervise maintenance staff, ensuring efficient use of resources and adherence to safety guidelines.
- Develop and implement equipment and machinery maintenance programs (SOP) to ensure the efficient operation of all equipment and machinery in the facility.
- Create and implement measures to minimize breakdowns and repairs (performing quality checks of all machinery, tools, equipment etc.).
- Continuously monitor and evaluate maintenance operations, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing solutions to optimize efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Monitor and assess equipment and machinery performance, identifying and resolving any issues that may impact production.
- Develop and manage maintenance schedules and budgets to ensure timely and cost-effective maintenance activities.
- Use data analysis to help prepare for and prevent future problems.
- Troubleshoot problem areas and create a clear plan of action for fixing necessary equipment parts. Record and track daily progress/error reports.
- Oversee manufacturing equipment repairs & spare parts.
- Train new employees in equipment and machinery maintenance work processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth communication and collaboration on maintenance related issues.
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance activities, including repairs, replacements, and upgrades.
- Develop and implement safety programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance tasks as necessary.
- FTE/ PEX budget planning and control, preventative / reactive maintenance, managing breakdowns of machines, software problem, spare parts management.
- Set priorities and motivate team members. Work daily to develop team members through positive, constructive feedback and coaching.
- Work closely with others within the company and provide support and take on additional duties, as required by the Head of Facilities.
- Perform VEMP (Value Engineering Management Process) to ensure Infrastructure costs are within budget.
- Support technical information requests from customers, internal stakeholders, architectural/ engineering design firms, construction companies or other service providers.
- Create a work environment with safety as a high priority.
- Enforce all health and safety rules and regulations according to state/federal laws and company protocol.
- At least 5 years of experience in a maintenance management role, preferably working with injection molding equipment and machinery, automation, and/or robotics in a medical device manufacturing facility and fully automated assembly machines.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective maintenance programs and managing maintenance staff.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance leading practices, including preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, and reliability-centered maintenance
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, including FDA regulations and ISO standards.
- Working knowledge of the BMS and EMS systems. Interface with Facilities Engineering, Capital Project Management, Quality Assurance, QC, Regulatory Compliance, EH&S and Manufacturing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively manage and motivate staff.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex maintenance issues.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge in Lean 6S & Six Sigma, Continuous cost reduction, OEE improvements and Root Cause analysis (RCA).
- Ability to manage all aspects of complete Project cycle for Capex, upgrade, cost improvement initiatives from feasibility, user requirements, bid specification, plant floor layout, vendor selection, installation, commissioning, validation, documentation support, production handover, and training.
- Extensive hands-on engineering experience with Production, Direct and Indirect systems.