Manufacturing Quality Assurance Manager
Billerica, MA 01821 US
Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Billerica, MA
Industry: Defense / Manufacturing
Salary: $130k Depending on Experience
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for inspecting procedures and outputs and identifying mistakes or non-conformity issues. An excellent Quality Assurance Manager has eyes like a hawk and solid experience in quality control. The ideal candidate is a reliable and competent professional whose approval will be necessary for the continuation of a business life cycle. The goal is to assure the high quality of our operations and services aiming to the long-term success of our business.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor s degree highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role
- Strong background in manufacturing and machining
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Outstanding communication skills
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues
- Monitor all operations that affect quality
- Supervise and guide inspectors, technicians and other staff
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output
- Appraise customers requirements and make sure they are satisfied
- Report all malfunctions to production executives to ensure immediate action
- Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data
- Review current standards and policies
- Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation
- Ensure all legal standards are met
- Communicate with external quality assurance officers during on-site inspections
- May we required to work overtime and weekends to meet customer demands.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: walk, sit, stand, bend, lift, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, and move continually during work hours; lift over 50lbs, along with over the head lifting; vision abilities, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Personal protective equipment typically required to perform essential functions of the job include ANSI rated metatarsal shoes, safety glasses, and cut-resistant gloves.
Work Environment: The position operates in a manufacturing atmosphere. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those any employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: vibration or works near moving mechanical parts and high, precarious and congested places; occasionally exposed to risks of electrical shock; work on or near moving mechanical parts; exposed to prolonged risk of loud to moderate noise throughout the day. Hearing protection is recommended in all areas of the shop and is provided by the Company.
Keywork Searchstring: Manufacturing Engineering, Metals Machining, Quality Assurance Manager, QA Lead, Aerospace, Defense, Program Lead, Mechanical, Metals, Metal Manufacturing,