Fredericksburg, VA US
- Title: Mechanical Engineer
- Location: Fredericksburg, VA
- Industry: Defense
- Salary: $70,000 and up based on experience
- Employment Type: Direct Placement
This position will work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment and participate in all aspects of design and engineering. Be responsible for requirements analysis, concept generation, design, and development, implementation, testing, and documentation. Work on multiple projects of moderate size or on portions of major projects. Must have the ability to translate objectives to results and deliverables with little oversight and direction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 3D/solid modeling mechanical design (SolidWorks preferred)
- Drafting of production drawings
- Static and dynamic structural analysis using a variety of tools including both hand calculations and finite element analysis (preferred)
- Understanding of materials needed to optimize strength, weight, cost, and performance
- Understanding of machining and manufacturing processes to optimize cost without sacrificing performance
- Ability to conceptualize and implement the design of mechanisms, integrated electronics, and sheet metal products
- Performing design and research tasks; developing mechanical products and systems
- Designing a complete project, system, component, or process and preparing complete project documents.
- Designing and conducting experiments, analyzing, and interpreting data, formulating and solving problems.
- Ability and desire to learn new concepts and skills quickly in a production environment
- BS Degree and 3+ years of Experience
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Experience with finite element and mechanism analysis
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)