Location: Kendall, FL (Southwest Miami)
Hours: Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm (some overtime)
Salary: $30/hr and up based on experience
Employment Type: Long-term Contract
Develops, establishes and maintains equipment calibration and qualification methodologies, systems, and practices that meet customer and regulatory requirements. Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms. Redesigns or adjusts measurement capability to minimize errors. Develops and enhances calibration methods and techniques based on scientific principles, performs technical analysis of measurement problems, and accuracy and precision requirements. Assists engineering, quality, and laboratory personnel in design, manufacture, evaluation, and calibration of measurement standards, instruments, and test systems to ensure selection of approved instrumentation. Advises others on methods of resolving measurement problems and perform training on other metrology personnel.
- Performs calibration and maintenance of analytical instruments as required.
- Performs equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Implements and revises calibration, maintenance and qualification procedures by employing various analytical techniques and instruments.
- Records, reports and reviews calibration results and documentation from in house or vendor; prepares documentation in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Performs calibration and qualification testing in compliance with cGMP and current safety regulations.
- Performs training and provide technical support to others analysts or metrology staff.
- Executes equipment qualification protocols.
- Writes, revises and implements procedures, protocols, qualification, validation, and deviation reports
- Communicate with vendors for equipment quotation and generate equipment purchase requisition.
- Completes any other duties assigned by Metrology/QE management as required.
- Education / Experience:
- BS in Chemistry or related field with 7+ years of experience
- MS in Chemistry or related field with 3+ years of experience
- PhD in Chemistry or related field
- Broad knowledge of scientific principles and methods including HPLC/GC, Dissolution testing, USP related equipment
- Strong background in scientific software such as Waters Corp., Empower, LIMS is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication, highly organized
- Strong leadership skills
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.