Morrisville, NC 27560 US
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Microbiologist
- Location: Morrisville, NC.
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Shift M-F 8am 5:00pm
- Salary: $38 - $43 Based on experience (Paid Weekly - Benefits Available)
- Employment Type: 6 Month Contract to Hire
Environment: This client manufactures thousands of pharmaceutical, biologic, consumer health and beauty products utilizing superior and innovative drug delivery technologies to improve their value to patients and consumers. Our customer believes in a Patient First culture putting patients at the center of their work to ensure the safety, reliable supply and optimal performance of our products.
The laboratory groups are responsible for the support of pharmaceutical product development in a range of dosage forms both directly with customers and in collaboration with other facilities. This includes formulation development, structural chemistry, analytical support, and clinical trials material manufacturing.
- Develop and execute laboratory work plans/schedules independently, using customer milestones and Division/site performance standards and metrics.
- Authors and may approve technical documents, such as protocols, test methods, text reports, certificates of analysis, and operating procedures
- Review technical documents for accuracy, thoroughness and regulatory compliance
- Trains, coaches or mentors others on technical, personal development or business issues
- Supervises technical staff, including work assignments and performance management
- Responsible as Project Director with responsibility for project outcome and customer interaction
- Executes efficiency improvement project with guidance
- Identify and recommend business opportunities on a project specific basis
- All other duties as assigned.
- Performing microbial enumeration, sterility or endotoxin testing.
- Maintain high quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site SOPs
- Ability to learn and retain technical information
- Proactively address work issues at both an individual level and a team level
- Develop and execute complex procedures or methods with high quality
- Becoming familiar with drug development milestones and their context
- Recognizes and elevates changes in project scope or execution for review by project director
- Able to prioritize and suggest alternatives or contingencies to achieve the correct technical solutions with most efficient resource utilization
- Propose deviations from established procedures and methods based upon sound judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with internal and external customers
- Supervisory skills are expected for Scientists with direct reports
- Can organize and manage teams chartered to address resolution of lab issues or special projects with general management guidance.
- Lead by example according to company values and culture
- Can assess training needs and formulate development plans for subordinates
- Recognize unmet customer needs
- Can effectively back-up supervisor to address limited technical or business issues with prior instructions
- Strategy is focused on personal and team time management and efficiency
- Well organized with ability to multitask
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- May publish or present externally.
Education and Experience:
- Doctoral degree, master's degree, bachelor's degree, or associate degree in chemistry or closely related physical science from a four-year college/university or equivalent education and training
- PhD and 0-2 years related experience, MS and 4-6 years related experience, BS and 7-9 years related experience, or equivalent education, experience and training Knowledge,
- On an average 8-hour day this position requires the ability to walk, sit and stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms at or above shoulder height and below waist height, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear, smell and lift up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision requirements including reading of written documents, visual inspection of materials and use of computer monitor screen frequently
- May require the use of a respirator
Working Conditions and Environment:
- This position will be stationed in an office and laboratory environment involving work near moving/mechanical parts; working around various chemicals including biologics, active pharmaceuticals, beta-lactams and radioactive materials; and other conditions reasonably expected due to the nature of the work required
- Position may require domestic or international travel
- Flexibility required to work outside normal working hours of 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.