Gainesville, FL 32653 US
- Title: Microbiology Technician I
- Location: Gainesville, FL
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: $27/hr
- Employment Type: Contract
Client Overview: Our client is a technology-forward contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that streamlines analytical development, process development, CMC consulting and early-stage GMP cell therapy manufacturing. Our focus is on developing and manufacturing immune cell therapies, including autologous and allogeneic CAR-T, CAR-NK, and CAR-M programs. We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
This position will support the day-to-day activities of the manufacturing and quality control group by performing lot related and routine environmental monitoring of the cleanrooms, microbial assay testing, maintenance of laboratory supplies, and coordination of samples to outside testing laboratories. Personnel will work in concert with and assist the manufacturing department and play a critical role in ensuring environmental control of the aseptic manufacturing facility. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not allinclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Perform environmental monitoring (air, surface, compressed gas, and personnel) of the cleanrooms and laboratory to support GMP manufacturing.
- Perform utility monitoring.
- Perform QC testing on raw materials and in-process products. Generate records in compliance with GMP requirements.
- Coordinate QC testing with external labs including sample submission and final reports.
- Proper media, buffer and reagent preparation.
- Perform growth promotion of microbiological media.
- Operate and maintain the Lab in a neat and orderly way following procedures and completing/maintaining appropriate records.
- Thorough and focused execution of laboratory experiments and assays (Bioburden, Endotoxin, Gram Stain, Plate Reading, etc.).
- Perform laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration as needed.
- Assist with data analysis and trending, report results, and conclusions.
- Assist with Qualification and Validation of equipment, processes, and analytical methods, including protocol development and execution.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and SOPs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage through multiple complex processes/projects.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and stay on task in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment and balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Able to wear cleanroom/protective gowning and equipment, including but not limited to gowning, goggles, face shields, and protective gloves.
- Required:Bachelor s Degree in a scientific discipline or minimum 1-year related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.