Missile Defense Analyst
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060 US
Missile Defense Engineer
Salary: $200,000+, Bonuses!
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Industry: Department of Defense
Clearance: Active Top Secret
Full Time, Direct Hire, Excellent Benefits: 401k, generous PTO, ESOP, full medical, and much more!
- A Master s degree in a technical field such as engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, or computer science.
- At least 12 years of full-time professional experience in a technical field related to missile defense and/or technical analysis of a complex Department of Defense (DoD) weapon system.
- Must be able to provide daily supervision and direction to support teams.
- Must have a TOP SECRET clearance, with recent SAP experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and MS Office automation tool proficiency.
- Must be able to work at our customer site on Fort Belvoir in Fairfax County, Virginia.
- Prior experience analyzing one or more MDS elements or components including Infrared (IR) or Radio Frequency (RF) sensor systems, missiles, space systems, communications systems, Battle Management, Command and Control, Communication (BMC3), and missile tracking systems.
- Prior Experience conducting complex analytical studies, developing, or adapting analysis tools to suit needs, building reusable, well-documented MATLAB/Python utilities, assessing advanced concepts and technologies, and evaluating threat intelligence information as it pertains to new technology.
- Evaluate MDS capabilities and assess system performance against projected threats
- Recommend and assess unconventional methods for missile defense and defeat
- Document results in study and analysis reports, point papers, and briefings
- Develop new missile defense concepts and assess feasibility, characterize and assess the fundamental scientific requirements to realize new concepts, and document the results
- Perform mission and component analysis to establish capability and performance baselines
- Formulate and recommend strategies for achieving the desired MDS architecture in a Capability Development Roadmap
- Validate developing solutions and mission needs. As solutions progress through development, iteratively assess predicted performance and test plans against operational requirements