NASA Deputy Systems Manager
Houston, TX | Temporarily remote due to COVID-19 TELECOMMUTE
NASA Deputy Systems Manager
Type: Contract to hire
Location: Houston, TX 77058
- BS in Engineering or Science and 4+ years of directly related experience
- Self-motivated and proactive in integrating/communicating with others with minimal direction
- Ability to work within a team environment, where the team is distributed across multiple NASA centers
- Ability to identify integration concerns and gaps in information and communicate concerns to leadership in a diplomatic manner
- Ability to perform cross-program integration with multiple people for various purposes in parallel
- Ability to understand and execute processes and procedures
- Ability to learn on the job
- Well-developed skills in both written and verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Experience with NASA and/or NASA systems, preferably within the SA Directorate
- Experience with NASA requirements development, management, and verification
- Experience with NASA flight certification processes
- Experience with spaceflight exercise hardware development and/or operations
- Experience in crew safety, human performance, human spaceflight, flight operations medical operations and engineering
- Experience with NASA cross-program integration
- Experience with schedule integration
- Experience with AES, ESD, Gateway, or HLS programs
- Provide Human-Systems Integration (HSI) to ensure exercise devices interface and performance meets the human needs, Work with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to assess efficacy of
- Work in conjunction with the NASA Systems Manager for Exploration Exercise, will co-manage Hardware Acceptance Reviews providing support for product reviews and coordinating SME technical assessments.
- Responsible for elevating technical issues & concerns to the Orion Health & Medical Technical Authority (HMTA) and assisting in the coordination and issue resolution through their HH&P institution and the Program Office.
- Perform enterprise-level and program-to-program integration by coordinating inputs, resolving issues, and providing day-to-day support to team activities and the Systems Manager for Exploration Exercise.
- Makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations.
All employees and contractors must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or have an approved exemption for a doctor-verified reason or a sincerely-held religious belief. Employment with and/or engagement with the Company as a contractor is contingent upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination or exemption approved by the Company.
Keyword Searchstring: NASA, Exercise Science, NASA Systems, Johnson Space Center, SA Directorate