NPI Engineering Manager
Location: Exeter, NH
Employment Type: Permanent Placement
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of directly related experience with a bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Thorough knowledge of NPI, procurement, sourcing, and supplier management
- Manufacturing engineering and supplier quality experience related to CNC machining.
- Practical manufacturing machining experience preferred
- Project Management
- Act as the sourcing lead in all New Product Introduction project meetings for assigned projects.
- Primary liaison between Sig Sauer and our suppliers during the NPI process.
- Provide regular updates on assigned projects to the Sr. Manager of Global Sourcing.
- Analyze/provide initial cost estimates for assigned projects (capital and components).
- Complete NPI risk assessment for suppliers, new technology, sole sourced parts, and EOL (end of life) components.
- Assist with negotiation of tooling agreements and ensure suppliers provide best pricing and delivery schedules.
- Facilitate orders for tooling, services, and prototype parts.
- Manage tooling schedules and expedite as needed with suppliers to support the NPI project timeline.
- Coordinate tooling modifications between engineering and suppliers.
- Proactively drive costs out of the project and identify cost risks (both for development and after release to production).
- Works closely with Design Engineers to align activities to the commodity specific strategic strategy.
- Facilitate orders for all components needed to complete first article submission builds.
Keyword: Design engineer, engineering, testing, GD&T, R&D, Mechanical, Design, solidworks, CAD, PLM, Agile, manufacturing, NPI, new product introduction, design, project management,