Ft. Bragg, NC
We are currently hiring Network Engineers in multiple locations with an active TS/SCI clearance and 8+ years of experience. Required certifications include: CCNP Routing and Switching AND DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher (Security+ CE).
This is a long-term, 3+ year contract with possibility of extension (PTO and comprehensive benefits included).
- Ft. Bragg, NC
Employment Type: Long-term contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included)
Job Description: The Network Engineer (NE) performs tier three transport support in accordance with the SOCOM Information Enterprise (SIE) Operational Order (OPORD). In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government s transport system (hardware and software), the NE must be detail oriented and have advanced troubleshooting and analytical skills. The NE tests and analyzes elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines, modems and terminals. The NE is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network as well as planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network. The NE monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. The NE keeps his or her technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government s needs. The NE provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians.
- Typical duties include:
- Engineering enterprise data, voice, In-Line Encryption Device, and video networks
- Establishing and operating network test facilities
- Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
- Working with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management.
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges and routers and ASA and encryption devices (Via Sat devices)
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor s Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, a Mathematics-intensive discipline, or a similar field.
- Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Certification Requirements:
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II *
- CCNP Collaboration OR
- CCNP Data Center OR
- CCNP Enterprise OR
- CCNP Security OR
- CCNP Service Provider OR
- CCIoT OR
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional OR
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist
- Experience Requirements:
- 5 years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and
- network engineering, including 2 years of specializedexperience related to the candidate s
About Us: SRG Government Services (SRG) is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.