Herndon, VA 20171 US
Location: Herndon, VA
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Salary: $155-$165k + STI
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Schedule: Rotating Shift, Panama Schedule
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLY Required
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software, or Networks, or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience
- 6 or more years applicable work experience
- Demonstrated experience with SONET based, metro fiber networks, next-generation DWDM systems, FLEX and IP based systems Previous experience with broadband circuit maintenance/restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations.
- Prior experience with Nortel, Cisco suite of optical network equipment and network management systems
- Ability to provide proactive status of assigned work and ability to estimate level of effort for future work.
- Strong critical thinking/analytical skills, creativity, and a proven drive for quality. Ability to provide proactive status of assigned work and ability to estimate level of effort for future work.
- Strong critical thinking/analytical skills, creativity, and a proven drive for quality.
- Must be available for rotating on-call and after-hours work as needed. Nighttime and day time rotating shift.
- Must be a US Citizen due to Clearance requirements.
- Must have an active TS/SCI FSP clearance
- Provide Tier 3 support and serve as a technical expert for the Customer sponsored Optical Network & Data Communications Network (DCN) and Internet Protocol (IP) backbone integral to the management of the network. Develops and supports the transition plans associated with these activities and support laboratory-enabled execution activities protection of the Optical Network & DCN will require analysis of vulnerabilities
- Assumes operation and maintenance responsibility for the optical network includes setup, configuration, and writing of scripts to ensure regular backup images are created
- Manage all aspects of network operations related to performance and fault management. Essential functions include the following:
- Provide technical support for network and system installation and maintenance
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams
- Monitor network operations and security posture
- Maintain network status and trouble logs
- Identify and diagnose network problems
- Identify network elements causing network degradation or failure
- Determine and execute corrective actions on a real-time basis
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management
- Evaluate trend analyses
- Identify network performance improvement opportunities and forward recommendations to engineering for analysis
- Routinely evaluate the network baseline to identify and resolve unplanned changes to the baseline
- Manage the network operations Quality Control (QC) program
- Provide functional guidance, technical support, and training to network operations staff
Keywork Searchstring: Network Engineer, IT Systems Engineer, Lead, Information Technology, SONET, DMDW, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing, Top Secret, Full Scope Poly, Cleared, Broadband Circuit, Network Activation, Tier 3 Support, Tier III, Optical Networking, DNC,