Lakeland, FL US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
Salary: $40/hr DoE
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Employment Type: 6 month contract-to-perm
Clearance: Public Trust required, Secret or higher preferred
Location: Gulfport, MS or Newport, OR or Lakeland, FL or Silver Spring, MD or DC
- Bachelor s Degree in IT or a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred
- 4 years of experience in a relevant field Support the installation, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of agency wide-area networks (WANs) and local-area networks (LANs)
- A working knowledge is desirable in various software systems and architectures, communications protocols: and network hardware devices.
- Training and/or certification concentration would include ITIL, Vendor Specific (Cisco etc.) and/or CompTIA or similar training.
- Demonstrated understanding of commonly used network protocols and proven experience configuring, supporting, or troubleshooting each. Training in one or more of the following areas: Active Directory (AD), Adobe Creative Cloud (Feature Restricted License) BeyondTrust Remote Support, Firewalls, Group Policy, IP, ITILv3, LAN, MCSA or equivalent, Microsoft Azure Cloud, Network+, SCADA Systems, SCCM, Shell Scripting, SONAR, Splunk, Virtual Desktop, VPN, VSAT, WAN, Wi-Fi Networks, Windows DNS, Windows Server
- One or more of the following certifications: CASP+, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, Security+,
- Public Trust Required. Active Secret clearance or higher preferred
- Assist in designing and managing the WAN infrastructure and any processes related to the WAN.
- Provide Production Support of the Network, including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution client Networks.
- Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Support the dispatch of circuit and hardware vendors involved in the resolution process.
- Support the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Configure network hardware and software and install in accordance with approved design and implementation plan
- Troubleshoot resolve issues with network hardware and software
- Assist Network engineers in develop new solutions
- Assist System engineers in implementing solutions, providing "smart hands" and eyes and hears to remote team members
- Schedules, installs and tests system software and hardware in limited network connectivity environments.
- Configures hardware and software and resolves technical problems by monitoring and maintaining license subscriptions and maintenance agreements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Keywork Searchstring: Information Technology, Network Engineer, LAN, WAN, Active Director, IT Installation, wide-area networks, local-area networks, software administrator, hardware administration, Sec+, ITIL, CompTIA, Network+, Security plus, CISSP, CASP, CCNA, Cloud, Active Directory