Network LAN WAN Administrator
MacDill AFB, FL US
We are currently hiring Network LAN/WAN Administrators in multiple locations with an active TS clearance, CCNA, and 4+ years of Network LAN/WAN Administration experience.
This is a long-term, 3+ year contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included).
Employment Type: Long-term contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included)
Job Description: The Network Administrator (NA) performs tier one and two network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Candidates for the NA provide administration of network and communications systems, including, but not limited to, Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems. NA need solid technical skills and experience with a variety of network protocols, software, and hardware involved in LAN and WAN operations. The position requires strong troubleshooting, analytic and diagnostic skills, along with good communication abilities. The NA role requires comprehensive knowledge of Government hardware, software, and network components. The NA is responsible for creating monitoring reports and managing equipment logs, as well as ensuring the functionality of links. The NA coordinates network administration and performance requirements with other members of the networking team. The NA identifies, analyzes, and documents long-range requirements, and administers resources related to the enterprise network. The NA prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions. The NA researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance. The NA plans for and provides reasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (e.g., availability, reliability, throughput). The NA prepares activity and progress reports for the Government regarding network performance initiatives.
- Active TS clearance is required
- At least 4 years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems.
- Required certifications (employment is contingent upon keeping required certifications current): CCNA AND IAT Level II (Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, OR CCNA-Security)
- Preferred Education: Associate's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Administering the operation of LAN/WAN-related network services according to Government policies and procedures
- Coordinating and implementing network software and hardware upgrades
- Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems
- Administering LAN/WAN security and malware control measures
Keywords: Network Administrator, LAN/WAN, CCNA, IAT Level II, Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, OR CCNA-Security, clearance, administrator, testing, NA