Nuclear Materials Scientist
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH 45324 US
Senior Materials Scientist
Salary: $150k - $170k DoE
Industry: Department of Defense
Location: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Clearance: Active Top Secret Required
Are you who we ve been searching for? We are seeking for a Senior Materials Scientist or Subject Matter Expert (SME) with experience in advanced military grade materials that support operations in extreme environments, e.g., high power radio frequency (RF) and high energy laser (HEL) pulses, or radiation exposure.
Current DoD Top Secret clearance with SAP eligible
3+ years of experience with intelligence analysis, including employing multi-INT databases to develop analytic assessments and briefings.
10 years of experience, knowledge and understanding of high-power propagation technologies or systems.
10 years of experience in structural and/or functional material development, testing and characterization when subjected to high power RF or laser propagation.
Must have advanced experience working in moderate hazard areas (e.g., explosives handling, radiation, fissile material, electrical) and thorough knowledge of process hazard analysis, development of integrated work documents, and safety basis operations.
Knowledge of the DoD acquisition processes, policies, and guidance.
Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
Ability to communicate complex analyses at a level comprehensible to laymen and senior-level government representatives.
Ability to clearly express in writing technical analysis results and program characterizations.
Master s degree in engineering discipline or related science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) field highly desired
Knowledge of Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) organizational structures, functions, and communication protocol.
Current certifications and access for CNWDI and NATO
10 years of experience, knowledge and understanding of high-power propagation technologies
Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning.
Familiarity working with nuclear-related and S&T analytic centers within the DOD, IC and/or Interagency (USANCA, DIA/DCP, NASIC, DOE).
- The successful candidate will support the development and characterization of structural and functional materials via advanced modeling, simulation, testing and analysis.
- The candidate will generate recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, and other analytic documents, and provide guidance to less experienced staff, review the work of others, authoritatively contribute to multi-functional analytic teams, and maintain currency in understanding relevant high-power RF, laser, and nuclear technologies and trends.
- Provide support by devising, evaluating, and recommending new methodologies and analytical tools under various stages of development, and by investigating and advising management regarding feasibility for complex projects.
- Be involved in managing programs and customer relationships across the DoD and DoE.
- Provide extensive research, technical assessments, and policy recommendations, on existing and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate understanding of high-power RF and HEL characteristics and how it affects material performance in a system application.
- Identify activities and future investments on the part of the DoD, its industry partners, and the extended global technology base to improve the DoD s ability to develop, build, and field advanced technologies to mitigate the effects of directed energy and radiation on system components.
- Responsible for the Research, Development, and Test and Evaluation activities across a variety of functional subsystems which include prime power sources, pulsed power systems, radio frequency sources, and high-power antennas, optical systems and sensors.
- Work effectively with teams of scientists, engineers, and technicians that interface across projects to ensure success.
- Investigate target material interaction with RF and laser propagation to optimize performance.
- Interface with technical personnel and customers to clarify tasking, identify problems, suggest changes, and develop and document final solutions.
- Lead programs and tasks; develop innovative technical concepts and development activities.
- Prepare presentations for leadership and decision makers internal to our government customers
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Keyword Searchstring: Counter Directed Energy Weapon System, Weapons Engineer, CDEW, DEW, Directed Energy Weapons, Systems Engineering, Nuclear Technology, Nuclear Engineering,