Woburn, MA 01801 US
- SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Location: Woburn, MA (client on-site and not remote)
- Industry: Pharmacy/Compound Pharmacy
- Hours: 7 days/week, one must be open to work schedule and on-call
- Salary: Competitive within industry
- Employment Type: Direct hire/Full Time
The Nuclear Pharmacist is responsible for following good sterile compounding practices in preparation and dispensing of radiopharmaceuticals. Acts as the shift supervisor in line with pharmacy policy & procedures during their respective shift.
- Exemplifies compliance with all regulations, Company Policies, Corporate Standards and Health and Safety rules related to area of responsibility.
- Process and review customer orders from initial receipt through final packaging accurately and consistently.
- Accurately set up and compound radiopharmaceuticals.
- Manages the shift per which they are assigned in alignment with the pharmacy policy & procedures. Directs all employee activity during their shift.
- Supervise and/or perform leukocyte labeling procedures.
- Handle, package and deliver radiopharmaceuticals and hazardous materials in compliance with Company Policies, Corporate Standards and Health and Safety rules related to area of responsibility.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate level of drug inventory and other business necessary supplies.
- Supervise and/or perform required tests on equipment (e.g., dose calibrator constancy and survey meter checks) and manually record results.
- Supervise and/or perform quality control tests on prepared products to ensure all quality requirements have been met.
- Provide training and supervision to employees to assure all lab activities are performed in compliance with regulations and initiatives, Company Policies and Health and Safety rules.
- Supervise and/or process returned medical waste and maintain returned reusable supplies in compliance with all regulations and Company Policies.
- Supervise and maintain cleanliness of lab in accordance with the facility housekeeping schedules, which may include but are not limited to: mopping, sweeping, cleaning and tidy workspaces, and removal of waste from facility.
- Supervise the bio-hazardous waste disposal and prepares paperwork for shipment & tracking.
- Supervise and/or perform radiation wipes and surveys on shipping containers, pharmacy supplies, incoming packages, workspaces and vehicles.
- Actively participate in maintaining a safe work environment by completing required training, providing suggestions for improving the health and safety program and bringing unsafe acts and/or conditions to the attention of management.
- Support Pharmacy Operations by accurately entering regulatory, sales, customer or other required information into pharmacy computer system.
Experiences and Education:
- A Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) and/or a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Authorized user of radioactive materials
- Licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of Massachusetts
- Willingness to work on an on-call basis, with the expectation that you can arrive to the pharmacy within 30 minutes.
- Ability to accommodate shift changes based on business needs
- Valid driver s license to operate in necessary delivery area
- Must be able to transports 50 pounds
- Willing to submit to a drug test and background check
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist is preferred.
- 1-2 years experience handling radioactive materials is preferred.
- Previous experience preparing and/or dispensing sterile compounded pharmaceuticals or radiopharmaceuticals is preferred. Previous experience working in a clean room environment is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner, both with co-workers & external customers is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize job duties. Successfully balances proactive versus reactive tasks is preferred.
- Handles multiple tasks quickly without forfeiting quality is preferred.