Tampa, FL US
Title: Packaging Operator (several openings)
Location: Tampa, FL
Industry: Pharmaceutical (*Steel Toe Boots REQUIRED)
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7 am-3:30 pm
Employment Type: Long-term contract with the possibility to go perm
This client is one of the world s leading suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech, and specialty ingredients markets. We create products that support a healthier lifestyle and enhance one s quality of life.
Operates and tends machine that performs one or more packaging functions, such as filling, marking, labeling, tying, packing, or wrapping containers. 3 years of minimum machine experience are required in a cGMP environment.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED, Trade Certificate, AS/AA degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience with a cGMP environment; preferably pharmaceuticals or related industries
- One will be required to stand on their feet the entire shift and wear a respirator if/when needed
- One must have excellent communication skills, read, write, speak and understand English. One must be able to pay attention to details, multi-task, quality driven individual
- Outgoing, team player attitude
- Basic computer skills
- One will be required to pass a drug test and background check
- Execute assembly instructions per Batch Record requirements for Packaging and Labeling processes in compliance with cGMP guidelines. This will require on-time and neat documentation during the execution to assure compliance.
- Provide support to the Manufacturing Group, QA, Warehouse, and Facility operations by complying with company and FDA cGMP requirements.
- Responsible for the performance of cleaning Primary and Secondary Packaging rooms and Packaging equipment. This will include the corresponding Room Sanitizations per the Department's procedures.
Packaging Operator Key Accountabilities:
- Follow batch record instructions in the execution of the manual process for Primary and Secondary Packaging as applicable.
- Assist in the operation and set-up of automated equipment in the performance of certain primary or secondary packaging operations.
- Assist in the reconciliation and movement (Chain of custody) of materials between packaging areas and the warehouse.
- Report any observations to QA, Team Lead, Equipment Specialist CPS Project Coordinator, or Manager of potential issues that could result in deviation or investigation.
- Perform Cleaning and Sanitization of Primary and Secondary Packaging rooms.
- Support the Equipment Specialist in the execution of qualification protocols for new equipment as assigned.
- Training on SOPs to remain current for job requirements, logbook entries, and GMP documentation.
- Attend applicable meetings, discussions, etc., in support of these projects to meet the Production Schedule.
- Participate in safety processes and meetings as applicable.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and confidential relationship with sponsors. Comply with all state and federal regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Other applicable duties as assigned.