Patient Access Specialist
Overland Park, KS US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
Patient Access Specialist
Planned Start Date: 10/2/23
Exciting opportunity! Up to 50 openings!! The purpose of this position is to help patients get access to the medications and therapies that they need. This role works directly with healthcare providers & insurance plans/payers to gather information about a patient s insurance and the coverage provided for a specific pharmaceutical product. The Patient Access Specialist will support the healthcare providers addressing questions regarding coding and billing and navigating complex reimbursement issues. This position also provides support for Prior Authorizations (PA) for an assigned caseload and helps navigate the appeals process to access medications.
Title: Patient Access Specialist
Industry: Specialty Pharmacy Care
Location: Overland Park, KS
Pay: $21.50/hr. (pay increase at conversion)
Shifts: Monday-Friday, 7am-3:30pm 8am-4:30pm, 9:30am-6pm, and 10:30am-7pm.. Training, 8:30-4:30 CT (30 minute paid lunch break - this is an 8-hour day, you won t clock out during meal break)
Type: Contract-to-hire. If attendance and performance are in line, you can work remote 90 days post launch date (11/6).
- Launch bonus: $500 after 90 days
- Success bonus: $500 after 180 days. Quality kicker: opportunity to double that bonus to $1k if your average quality score though the 180 days is at or above 90%.
- Contractors: 640 hours able to convert (~4mo). If we convert a temp to a direct employee, they will get the Launch bonus in their first check with the client. The Success bonus is earned 6months after they started as a temp.
- Ensure cases move through the process as required in compliance with company requirements and the organization's defined standards and procedures; in a manner that provides the best level of service and quality
- Conduct benefit investigations for patients by making outbound phone call to payers to verify patient insurance benefit information, navigate complex reimbursement barriers and seek resources to overcome the barriers
- Verify patient specific benefits and document specifics including coverage, cost share and access/provider options
- Identify any coverage restrictions and details on how to expedite patient access
- Document and initiate prior authorization process and claims appeals
- Report any reimbursement trends or delays in coverage to management
- HS Diploma or GED, required
- 2-5 years of Benefits Investigation knowledge, highly preferred
- Healthcare experience, preferred
- Call center experience
- Prior authorization experience required
- Need to be adaptable
- Quick learning
- Tech savvy
- Able to work on multiple screens & in multiple programs
- Great on the phone/empathetic
- Salesforce system experience, preferred
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.