Patient Care Coordinator
Clearwater, FL US
Patient Care Coordinator
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring an innovative platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Care Navigator
Location: Clearwater, FL
Pay: Up to $18.68/hr.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-6:00pm
Responsible for coordinating service inquiries as well as offering prompt access within the client s Network of Care. Maintains excellence in customer service by being caring, compassionate, empathetic, and responsive to the needs of all who reach out to us internally and externally.
- Provides for optimum access to Care Continuum via telephone, website, fax, and walk-in inquiries. Articulates information and education regarding programs and services in a customized manner appropriate to the individual customer.
- Facilitates appointments through effective triage using Care Navigation protocol to the program that best meets the patient s needs.
- Works effectively with patients/families, community providers and team members to ensure all necessary information for accurate and complete referrals is received and inputted into patient s electronic medical record (EMR) consistently, accurately and in real time.
- Has extensive knowledge of non-hospice related community resources and provides that information to patients/families/community providers as appropriate.
- Able to provide contact information for Hospices located outside of Pinellas County as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring physician certification information is received and inputted into EMR continually following regulatory standards.
- Monitors, triages, and documents faxes received as applicable. Forward to Health Information for scanning into patient s EMR as appropriate.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 year of related experience and/or training preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with patients/families, providers, direct co-workers, and peers.
- Excellent multi-tasking and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent typing and computer input skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (MS Outlook, Word, Excel), Suncoast Solutions preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance regulations.
- Basic knowledge of non-hospice related healthcare and community resources.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare reimbursement.
- Expected to assist (within reason) if Care Navigation coverage is needed outside of a normal shift.