Poultry House Operator
Lebanon, CT US
Title: Poultry House Operator
Location: Lebanon, CT
Shift: 5am-1:30pm (weekends are required)
Salary: $17/hr. during training period then a daily rate of $218.72
Employment Type: Direct Placement
Client Overview: For over five decades, our client has been recognized as the world s largest and most trusted producer of Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) eggs and adjacent laboratory products and services for the development and manufacture of biologics and vaccines that are used for both human and animal health. They supply leading manufacturers with critical bioprocessing inputs, including SPF eggs, antigens, and cell products. In addition, offer numerous diagnostic testing and manufacturing support services, including virus propagation and isolation, custom cell production, and quality control testing. They also support the development of new therapeutics by providing antibodies such as IgY for use in clinical trials.
- Communicate regularly with Farm Management
- Maintain biosecurity and follow biosecurity regulations.
- Keep house and equipment clean and sanitary.
- Collect and sanitize eggs to provide clean SPF eggs for sale.
- Responsible for basic maintenance
- Monitor flock for health issues and report concerns to Farm Management
- Perform blood draws weekly.
- Monitor and maintain feeders, waterers, medicators, house temperatures, bird weights and condition.
- Assist in training new hires.
- Ensure the humane care of the birds during all phases of the life cycle.
- Perform bird sales as requested.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Employees must not own or have contact with live poultry or other birds of any breed, species or origin while employed in this position.
- Exposure to chemicals, dust and odors.
- Work with live animals with risk of exposure to allergens and/or zoonotic disease(s).
- House can be warm and humid.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Must regularly move about inside the poultry house.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Regularly provides information to and receives information from/through various technologies, media, sources, and contacts. Must be able to accurately exchange accurate information in these situations.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) preferred but not required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.