Bloomington, IN US
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Location: Bloomington, IN
- Industry: Procurement Manager
- Hours: 1st Shift - M - F 8am-5pm
- Salary: Up to $50 hour paid weekly with benefits options
- Employment Type: 6 month Contract with potential for extension or direct hire
Environment: The position is responsible for supporting the indirect material strategic initiatives and new product/program development projects at the site, working closely with cross functional teams to implement cost savings, support new product launches and mitigate risk to the business. In addition, this role will evaluate and the existing supply base to identify opportunities which deliver cost savings and the highest quality to support the goals and objectives as established by Global Procurement, Site Operations and Key functions.
- Identify and support site-level and global procurement initiatives for cost savings, contract opportunities, supplier quality and risk mitigation of single sourced materials.
- Participate and supports all manufacturing to influence sourcing to meet project timelines.
- Performs routine spend analysis to understand indirect spend variance and find cost reduction opportunities via collaboration with Category Management.
- Participate or lead cross-functional initiatives to reduce cost and improve quality for internal and external customers.
- Develop key supplier relationships to serve the site s needs.
- Support the local projects in close collaboration with local teams and Global Procurement for supplier selection, negotiation, and contract implementation.
- Support Global Procurement strategic initiatives.
- Negotiate contracts, ensuring compliance with contracts developed locally or globally.
- Process requisitions and place orders with Catalent Pharma Solutions approved suppliers to obtain materials and services required to support product launches, dual sourcing efforts and cost savings initiatives.
- Provide support to resolve supplier quality issues and take corrective action.
- Notify internal customers of supplier change notifications, assume role as liaison with supplier to obtain documents and material required to approve change.
- Provide frequent updates to stakeholders impacted by change to mitigate supply chain risk.
- Prepare various reports for cost savings tracking supplier spend analysis and performance.
- Comply with all site and Corporate SOPs and documented processes.
- Follow all procedures within the company Security, EHS and Global Trade policies.
- Bachelor s degree (BA/BS) in business, finance, engineering, sciences, purchasing, or other operations field is required
- 7-10 years of purchasing experience, global operations, or finance.
- Excellent proactive problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement strategies, tactics, negotiation and contracting skills.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task.
- High potential self-starter.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, focused, and able to prioritize work (Determined to improve the overall throughput and financial goals of the organization.
- Previous experience working in pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry is preferred.
- Advanced PC skills (specifically Excel, Power Point & Word) including knowledge and hands-on experience with ERP/MRP systems.