Tanner, AL 35671 US
Title: Purchasing Manager
Location: Huntsville/ Tanner, AL
Salary: $100K and up based on experience
Employment Type: Direct Placement
This position is responsible for developing and leading a best-in-class Supply Chain management team that ensure the supply of high quality and on time components, processes and services at a competitive price for operations. This role is a critical link between daily operations and the commodity management team.
- Provides strategic direction to the Supply Chain Management (SCM) buyer team
- Leads and casts vision for the SCM department through use of Annual Department Plan (PDPR)
- Trains and supports career objectives of your team
- Sets department and team member goals and objectives tracks driver and results metrics for each buyer: Price, on-time-delivery OTD, quality and inventory
- Drives continuous improvements through the use of lean tools, SAP tools and standard excel efficiency worksheets.
- Holds team accountable and achieves expected results
- Coordinates a daily SCM standup with the team to provide feedback, direction and support.
- Assists in the selection, training and development of assigned team members; contributes to performance evaluations and development plans.
- Ensures the use of SAP and message maintenance by each buyer/planner
- Ensures buyers are expediting and adjusting the schedule in SAP on a daily basis so OTD metrics are readily available and accurate.
- Ensures timely return and replenishment of nonconforming components
- Inventory Management and Tracking of Plant Level
- Ensures that buyer/planners are escalating issues to the appropriate levels: minor issues-handle, then Commodity Manager CM s then VP Supply Chain
- Ensures achievement of the overall SCM department s driver and results metrics, determines trends, and recommends projects to drive improvements.
- Will serve as primary point of contact for supply issues-must be able to deliver a clear and concise 4P to explain issues and gain resources to address
- Provides site specific leadership, prioritization and resource allocation to SCM team members on site.
- Serves as a key member of SCM leadership team and a primary point of contact for Operations team members
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in manufacturing process preferred
- Ability to multitask, handling quick turnaround
- Ability to identify problem issues and escalate and/or execute acceptable solutions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain safe work environment
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with customers, vendors, employees and managers at all levels within the company
- Possess strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software pages (i.e., Microsoft Office
- Experience in ERP and SAP systems
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.