Product Development Lab Supervisor
St. Petersburg, FL
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Product Development Lab Supervisor
- Location: St. Petersburg, FL
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00 am 5:00 pm
- Salary: Up to $43.27 hour paid weekly with benefits options
- Employment Type: Contract 6 months with possible extension or conversion
Job Scope: Product Development is responsible for new product development over the lifecycle of the project which could include benchtop/lab scale, demonstration/feasibility batches, registration/stability batches, and technical support of process validation batches.
Additional responsibilities may include support of development/commercial product investigations, and technology transfers from other sites to the St. Petersburg, FL facility.
The group is also responsible for Gap Assessments, Risk Assessments, and the implementation of process analytical technology (PAT) solutions and overall support of all aspects of product development.
Basic Function: This position contributes significantly to the successful timely development of new pharmaceutical products utilizing Soft-gel Formulation/Process drug delivery systems and technologies by carrying out required pre-formulation, formulation and process activities.
- Responsible for scheduling and/or conducting the pre-formulation, formulation preparation, testing and analysis work in the PD lab including but not limited to the following timely completion of the required activities:
- Supervise a team of Lab Technicians, manage Lab Technician s schedule and provide hands on support for the team.
- Team s responsibility including but not limited to:
- Perform solubility and compatibility studies.
- Prepare laboratory fill mixes, air fill capsules.
- Prepare gel swatches.
- Execute drying studies.
- Perform fill moisture, water activity, hardness, rheology, burst strength,
impact/drop testing, disintegration, dissolution and/or other testing.
- Perform HPLC analysis. Prepare buffers, mobile phase and dissolution media.
- Provide experimental details and record the results in approved notebooks, batch records, reports and logbooks.
- Prepare samples for animal PK studies.
- Organize experimental product storage in appropriate storage space
- Maintain calibration schedule and request PM for the laboratory instruments.
- Maintain raw materials inventory used for formulation development activities.
- Maintain lab consumables inventory.
- Maintain safety, cleanliness, and compliance for Laboratory
- Provide training to new or existing personnel.
- Required to read and execute departmental guidance and SOPs.
- Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities for the position and be responsible for the overall compliance and organization of the laboratory
- Maintain current training records for required procedures.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
- May be required to work with highly potent compounds, hormones.
- Maintain cleanliness and compliance for Laboratory, and inventory of experimental products
- Familiarity of Waters Empower
- Ph.D. in Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, or related science with 5 years of applicable product development experience (3 years in GMP environment) required
- MS in Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, or related science with 8 years of applicable product development experience (5 years in GMP environment) required
- BS in Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, or related science with 10 years of applicable product development experience (8 years in GMP environment) required.
- 1-3 years of people management experience is strongly preferred
- Prior experience working in the pharmaceutical industry, particularly in a laboratory setting is preferred.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers.
- Good organizational skills required.
- Good laboratory and analytical skills required. Knowledge/Skills Requirements:
- Must have accurate and legible documentation skills.