Marietta, GA US
Environment: Client is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing specialty products. Our diversified product portfolio in the specialty neurology and women's health space, together with our non-promoted complex formulations of generic drugs, form the foundation of our unwavering commitment to improve patients' lives.
Title: Production Technician
Location: Marietta, GA
Hours: Mon - Thur 6am - 4:30pm or 2pm - 10:30 Mon- Fri (Weekend work required during busy Season) MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO WORK BOTH SHIFTS
Salary: $20-$22 hourly paid weekly (Benefits Available)
Employment Type: 6 Month Contract to Hire
Responsible for conducting cGMP manufacturing of solid oral pharmaceutical dosages forms. Under the direction of the Production Supervisor or Team lead, the Production Tech will work hands on in their designated production area, with a variety of manufacturing production equipment and technologies. Daily responsibilities vary but include production equipment set up, weighing of materials, sieve and blending activities, milling, granulation, mixing compression, coating, printing and packaging.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for manufacturing of cGMP products, following SOP s and providing accurate documentation in production batch records.
- Operates automated and semi-automated equipment
- Prepares materials and equipment for production.
- Supports equipment cleaning verification and validation activities.
- Troubleshoots initial mechanical issues to resolve problem before contacting support services.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment (GMP, FDA, DEA, OSHA)
- Ability to read, write and comprehend reports, technical and cGMP documents
- Strong attention to detail
- A team player with a positive attitude and able to take initiative
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations and conversions
- Superior attention to detail, safety, and quality is critical. Ability to multitask is required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a FDA regulated industry
- Previous experience in Pharmaceuticals (Pharma Tech/Operator) will be helpful, especially compression and coating experience.
- Previous computer experience working in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and overtime.
- Mechanical aptitude is helpful