Sarasota, FL US
Location: Sarasota 34243
Industry: Aviation / Manufacturing
Employment Type: Temporary
- Bachelor s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field
- A minimum of 4 years procurement/purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment including strategic responsibility for procurement is required and essential for this position.
- Experience in project and supplier management, working with engineering team in an aerospace electronics and/or mechanical environment for high technical complexity products.
- Experience in placing and monitoring Purchase Order with demonstrated knowledge of relationship between supply service performance, pricing and committed deliveries.
- Able to generate general business correspondence.
- Willingness to learn, ability to research, analyze and develop ideas and methods.
- Effective communicator at all levels both internally and externally.
- Supply Chain Experience
- Aerospace Manufacturing experience
- Result oriented, Self-starter, Influencer, Communicator
- SAP Procurement
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary
- Must be willing to travel domestically (10%)
- Lead Supply Chain projects such as: New Product Introduction, Make Or Buy transition, New Business Opportunity or Cost Out initiative (VALUE ADDED / VALUE ENGINEERING).
- Collect program/project intelligence including design data set (drawings, 3D model etc ), forecasted volumes, impacted program, specific flow down etc
- Coordinate the RFQ phase working with Commodity Manager, ensuring reporting to the program managers and may lead RFQ Packages when required with support of Commodity Managers.
- Define business case for supply projects including Return On Invest, Timeline and Risk.
- Place order on new components required for the development of the project and ensure follow up and reporting on procurement to the program manager.
- Anticipate, resolve and communicate delivery delays with suppliers.
- Manage the following: Design to Cost targets, Line of Balance, Supplier Manufacturability and Design Review by being responsible for the cost reconciliation on material.
- Acts as a focal point between suppliers and internal customers (Program/ Project team) and auditors and represent supply chain at Project/Program Reviews and lead team meetings.
- Ensure engineering and quality functions are aware of and are held accountable to release documents on time, design for cost targets achieved, and to meet lead-time commitments from suppliers;
- Ensure effective supplier management throughout all phases of the projects/programs (i.e. DVT, Qualification, OE Production).
- Manage the supply chain ensuring synergy to strategic partners to achieve internal customer requirement commitments.
- Ensure proper hand over from project phase to production phase to the Operation teams.
- Provide direction, flow down and support to other Supply Chain employees when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Physical Demands: 80% Sitting / 15% Standing / 5% Walking. Supplier s visits can involve walking up to 50% a day
- Work Environment: Work in an open space environment and meeting room.
Keyword Search string: Commodity Manager, Project Buyer, Procurement Agent, SAP, Program Buying, Supply Chain Management,