Tysons, VA US
- Title: Proposal Manager
- Location: Tysons, VA
- Industry: DOD
- Salary: $150,000 and up based on Experience
- Employment Type: Direct Hire
- Lead the Company s Proposal Management and Inside Sales teams.
- Responsible for competitive proposal response for assigned proposals, responding to all proposal and customer requirements, meeting schedule deadlines, and achieving performance and quality objectives in accordance with all proposal processes.
- You will work with and support internal team members as well as company stakeholders and leadership throughout the proposal lifecycle.
- Interface with Business Development, Capture Management, Engineering, Program Management, Contracts, Security, Supply Chain, and other stakeholders for proposal related activities and to communicate proposal scope of work
- Responsible and accountable for the planning, development, validation, and delivery of complete proposals. Includes technical solution, execution strategy, schedule, cost, price, and all deliverable documentation
- Review and interpret the RFP to determine customer requirements to develop a compliant response
- Devise plans to ensure proposals are executed in the timeframe available including the development of an effective proposal execution schedule
- Support defining customer requirements and developing a response that meet the execution strategy, schedule, and price
- Develop document outlines, writing assignments, and templates in accordance with the RFP
- Create, populate, and update Proposal Management information on the Proposal Management SharePoint site. Ensure proposal tracking tools such as Salesforce.com are accurate and regularly updated.
- Lead assigned Proposal Writers, Coordinators, Editors, Graphics, and Production personnel, providing tasking and reviewing outputs
- Coordinate the review of all proposal deliverables, including color-team reviews of proposal volumes and cost reviews in accordance with proposal processes
- Provide effective management to ensure timely delivery of assigned proposals
- Effectively manage documents using Microsoft Word, including revision tracking, comments, and other Word skills
- For small proposals, may perform multiple proposal roles such as Coordinator, Writer, etc.
- Participate in post-submittal lessons learned analysis.
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, English, Communication, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of proposal management experience with US Government/DoD proposals; certification from the Association of Proposal Management Professionals a plus.
- Ability to interpret complex internal customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
- Solid understanding of military protocols and customs
- General knowledge of US Government competitive procurement approaches and regulations (such as FAR 15, FAR 16, OTAs, CSOs; RFP, FOPR, ITO, RFS) highly desired
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Experience following proposal processes modeled on Shipley best practices
- Ability to successfully lead teams in a volatile and dynamic environment
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and breakdown complex, high-tech systems
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Results-oriented, innovative, and creative
- Good organizational skills and business acumen
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while remaining customer focused
- Excellent decision making and negotiation skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Must be eligible for DoD Security Clearance