Greenwood, SC US
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: QC Chemist
- Location: Greenwood, SC
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Day Shift
- Salary: $26 - $33hr Based on Experience (Paid Weekly - Benefits Available)
- Employment Type: Long Term Contract
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs various test procedures to determine the quality and uniformity of raw materials, in-process materials, and finished products in compliance with company specifications, quality standards, and government regulations in support of the hard capsule, liquid filled capsule, and ingredients business.
- Performs analytical testing of raw materials, finished products, and in-process samples
- within a cGMP/cGLP environment utilizing instrumentation (HPLC, GC, ICP, FTIR, UV)
- and wet chemistry
- Performs calibration, qualification, maintenance and inventory of laboratory
- instruments, equipment, standards and chemicals.
- Assures compliance with company standards and specifications, government
- regulations, and compendia guidelines
- Anticipates, identifies, and troubleshoots potential problems involving analytical
- instruments and test method improvement
- Shares work in a team setting to execute planned and unplanned projects related to
- testing and personal development.
- Maintains detailed records and peer reviews documentation.
- Transfers, writes, and updates Standard Operating Instructions, Policies, Specifications,
- and spreadsheets.
- Writes CAPAs and performs laboratory investigations
- Trains fellow colleagues after becoming the subject matter expert
- Performs all job functions with integrity and with the safety of themselves and fellow
- colleagues in mind.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week, which may include weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate.
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function.
- Provides backup for other chemists and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree: Laboratory Science, Chemistry, or equivalent field.
- Strong proficiency with word processing, database and statistical computer software (Excel, Minitab, etc.)
- Strong and professional communication skills. (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard and advanced laboratory equipment.