Quality Control Technician
Storrs, CT 06268 US
Title: Quality Control Technician
Location: Storrs, CT
Shift: Mon- Fri- 7:30am- 4pm
Job Type: Direct Hire
401K Plan with Company Matching
Up to 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Up to 11.5 Paid Holiday Days
Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
Benefits are effective the 1st day of the month following your Start Date
Responsible for the qualification and release testing of all immunologic reagents (antigens and antisera) produced at the laboratory.
- Test and characterize reference standards for antigens and antisera.
- Maintain stocks of reference standards and re-qualify standards as needed.
- Qualify each new lot of antigen or antiserum to verify that it meets the standard requirements.
- Perform validations of tests used in the SPF flock-monitoring program.
- Generate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and related documents associated with these tasks.
- Assist in projects related to maintenance and improvement of quality control in the laboratory at the request of the management.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit and stand, and use fingers and hands.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemicals and fumes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- High School Diploma; Associate's degree (A.A./A.S.) in life science preferred
- 2 years related experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.