Quality Control Technician
Storrs, CT US
Title: Quality Control Technician
Location: Storrs, CT
Shift: Mon- Fri- 7:30am- 4pm
Salary: Up to $21 an hour
Employment Type: Direct Placement (Training is provided)
Responsible for the qualification and release testing of all immunologic reagents (antigens and antisera) produced at the laboratory.
- Test and characterize reference standards for antigens and antisera.
- Maintain stocks of reference standards and re-qualify standards as needed.
- Qualify each new lot of antigen or antiserum to verify that it meets the standard requirements.
- Perform validations of tests used in the SPF flock-monitoring program.
- Generate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and related documents associated with these tasks.
- Assist in projects related to maintenance and improvement of quality control in the laboratory at the request of the management.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit and stand, and use fingers and hands.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemicals and fumes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- High School Diploma; Associate's degree (A.A./A.S.) in life science preferred
- 2 years related experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.