Sarasota, FL 34243 US
Salary: $20-$25/Hr. - Depending on Experience
Location: Sarasota, FL
Contract to Perm based on performance
Schedule: M-Th 6am-430pm (10-hour shifts)
Summary: Inspects materials for conformance to engineering specifications and standards to ensure product quality. This position may involve the inspections of purchased or manufactured material, assemblies, sub-assemblies and/ or final devices.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
- FAIR experience required - A First Article Inspection Report (FAIR) is documentation that proves a product has been manufactured to the required specifications.
- Thorough understanding of metrology and inspection gauging.
- Knowledge of inspection planning, sampling plan, key characteristics, and critical features.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are needed to interact with all facets of manufacturing including but not limited to: Engineering, Supplier Quality, Purchasing, Materials, Manufacturing, and Suppliers.
- Must be able to lift and carry 35lbs.
- Due to ITAR requirements, all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Background in Quality Inspection
- Knowledge in AS9100 Technical Specification and AS9102 First Article Inspection Process.
- Inspects parts/materials using appropriate inspection devices, drawings, and methodology.
- Define Inspection Plan for proper sample sizes and key characteristics.
- Records accepted/rejected material quantities in history jacket and database equivalent.
- Ability to perform First Article Inspections review and approval when required.
- Prioritizes material flow through Inspection with operation personnel.
- Perform transactions for nonconforming materials in applicable system.
- Basic Knowledge of SAP transactions.
- Meet productivity expectations.
- Read and interpret drawings.
- Must execute assigned Standard Work.
- Must be able to work under deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime or flex schedules as necessary for business.